Seven great places to find new clients
Figuring out how to find new customers and increase sales for your financial advice business can be daunting, but it doesn’t need to be. There are many ways to get new clients if you understand your target audience and have a handle on the most proactive ways of approaching them. Read on and transform your lead generation strategy.
Understanding the journey to financial advice
The financial advice field is crowded, and it’s only going to become more so, projected to grow by four per cent in 2023.
Finance association search engines, such as the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) and the Financial Planning Association’s offerings, are some of the most utilized options.
These engines help potential clients to find the right advisor match, showing them options with suitable credentials and billing structures for their needs.
Being present on these search engines (and adjusting your services to suit a specific target audience that will find you on these search engines) is always going to be one of the best ways to convert new leads.
Why not meet future clients where they are?
Finding new clients for your financial advice business
Some of the tactics and techniques you’ll discover when you’re learning how to find new clients are as old as the hills — and they still work very well.
But in an increasingly digital marketplace, many tried and tested formulas may no longer be up to scratch.
You need to know how to stand out to potential customers in the here and now and familiarizing yourself with the latest trends and lead-generation success stories will help you keep up with the competition.
Here are seven places to go when you’re seeking out new clients and potential leads:
1. On your company website – A dedicated website is a necessity. 28 million financial advisors have their own websites, and you need to be among them if you want a chance to be heard.
Make an excellent visual impression and reel new leads in with engaging content, including regularly published blogs offering a clear incentive to keep coming back.
The more time visitors spend on your site, the more likely they are to become customers.
2. On social media – Having a strong social media presence and a defined brand voice across platforms like Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter is one of the best ways to find leads who might need your services but not actively be seeking them out.
Social media is also a great place to give potential customers a look at your business’s fun side and showcase your achievements.
3. In the email inboxes of potential leads – Active, productive and engaging email marketing campaigns work wonders, yet many businesses let email marketing slide and fail to make it a priority.
Creating several different mailing lists for different purposes, getting the balance right and crafting powerful subject lines — it all takes work, but it all pays off as a high-engagement lead generation strategy if you get it right.
4. In local-focused digital spaces – Customers are usually on the lookout for financial advisors who are close to them.
Face-to-face interactions are still preferred post-COVID in the field of financial advice, and engaging in local SEO practices can give you an important advantage with local leads.
For example, setting up a Google My Business page with a link to Google Maps opens up a brand-new route for potential local clients to seek you out.
5. With your existing clients – Some of the most valuable strategies for attracting new customers start with your current customers.
Online reviews are the internet’s version of word of mouth, and favorable reviews can go a long way, so encourage your customers to share their thoughts!
Encourage and incentivize referrals too, as these can be a great source of future loyal customers.
6. With fellow financial advisors – Getting involved with your industry and fellow finance businesses is an overlooked (but valuable) tactic for reaching new people. Speak at industry events.
Share a guest blog on a collaborator’s website. Increase your audience and potential customer base through mutually beneficial business relationships with other people in finance.
7. On UnbiasedPro – UnbiasedPro is a great way to find new customers and generate leads with minimal stress.
Through UnbiasedPro, you can target and choose the right clients for your business and save time managing new and existing leads.
Messages can be automated, busy work can be taken off your plate and you can effectively re-invest the time you save into other crucial areas of your business.
Changing world, changing client demographics
There are many more ways to find new clients, and new target audiences are opening up yearly.
Retirees are a great point of business, with an average of 10,000 baby boomers set to retire every day for the next 15 years.
There are also less well-served demographics to consider. If you can excel in one of these areas, you’ll soon develop a valuable positive reputation that drives referrals in that niche.
As you build your client roster, the essential thing to remember is that your industry is not static.
And neither are your customers. Stay informed and up-to-date, and keep pivoting your offers to suit new demographics as times change and priorities shift.
Kate has written for leading publications and blue chip companies over the last 20 years.